Forum Title: Window Screen Frame Part?
Hello, I went to install the window screens at our new house. They are Anderson windows and look like the original windows (1985). The window screens have spring loaded posts that you pull and insert into a clip (not sure what else to call it) on the screen frame. The problem is on many of our windows, the clip is missing and the only thing remaining is a hole (1/2) where the clip should go. This hole itself is too big for the post. Does anyone know the actual name of the part the post goes into and where I could order some? I've been to two hardware stores and they don't sell them. I also couldn't find them on Anderson's web site. Thanks for your help!
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: MARIE MITCHELL (Kalamazoo, MI), 01/28/2019

They'll probably be pretty much the same. A good independant window and door company can reglaze (replace the insulated panel of glass) as opposed to replace with a new window. The chain companies that advertise in the flyers and coupon books in your mail will probably send a salesman to try to get you to buy all new. Either place will have to measure and order the IGU, wait for it to come in, then come back to do the work. Tho if the manufacturer is known and still in business, sometimes it can be less labor (ie less $$$), to order the new fixed sash/IGU (insulated glass unit) from the maker.

- MABEL MORAN (Blaine, MN), 02/05/2019

My guess is that you have Andersen Gliding Windows. This is the only window that Andersen made with a screen that is held in with plungers. The plunger is L shaped is is called Plunger, Screen Spring Bolt (Andersen Part # 1760052) and the part that in goes into is a Strike, Screen Bolt (# 1760048). The only place you can these parts is through an Andersen Dealer (NOT HD or LOWES) or directly from Andersen.

- SEAN ORTIZ (Billings, MT), 02/22/2019

Homeowner Support & Resource Links

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527