Forum Title: jen weld weatherstripping replacement
Hi there, does anyone have any information regarding the replacement of the compression type channeled weatherstripping on jen weld steel doors. I am in need of a length of that particular type of weatherstripping on the right hand jamb that was damaged and it pulls out of a channel under the weatherstripping itself. It is unlike what home depot or lowes carries that are all adhesive types. Help please.
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: TANYA PARK (Fishers, IN), 01/13/2019

it sounds like you just need to install an extension jamb onto the rough opening / door. Basically you just measure the distance from where the door jamb sits to the surface of your wall, and cut some wood down to that size. One piece on top, one piece on each side. Run it straight with the door, shim it to the RO, then nail it to the rough opening, or to the door jamb itself. Once those jamb pieces are on, then the inside edge of your casing will have something to nail to.

- CONNIE REYNOLDS (Salem, OR), 02/27/2019

Home Repair Resources & Services

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527